Search This Blog

Monday, October 10, 2011

Revitalize

revitalize |rēˈvītlˌīz|verb [ trans. ]imbue (something) with new life and vitality package of spending cuts to revitalize the economy.
Dan and I spent a much needed long weekend relaxing at my absolute favorite place, The Captain's House on Fernandina Beach, FL.  The weather was less than ideal with 30 plus mile per hour winds, thunder storms, and a violent surf but we had such a great time!  When there were breaks in the rain we walked with our toes in the water and even lucked out finding a few sharks teeth-


We crossed two more movies off of The List, visited our favorite local antique shops, watched UGA win, the Flacons not win... and even took an unexpected day trip to Jacksonville to grab a little lunch at Nippers-  a Top Chef restaurant to mark off on another one of our many lists.  

Dan braved the water on our last day.  Here he is standing out in the surf with a wave crashing in front of him.  I haven't seen waves this big since my childhood-


We got some more great shots with the camera which I still love playing with more every day.









And, when things slow down hopefully someday soon I have a few projects on my crafting to-do list:

- A Headboard bench (thank you Kathie Chipman)
- Handmade decorative spheres for the vintage biscuit board I just bought
- New use for my empty wine bottles-   This is one idea I like.
- Revamping a 1960's  sewing table















No comments:

Post a Comment