Search This Blog

Tuesday, November 1, 2011

New Use

use
noun |yoōs| |jus| |juːs|the action of using something or the state of being used for some purpose.
There is a section in Country Living titled "New uses for old things," a delightful way to describe what I often try to do with my projects.  And while this post is not about an "old thing" it is about a "new use"-



Once again, Kaelan's mom had a parting gift for me on one of my last visits to her house (I've told her on several occasions that every time I drop in for a visit it's like Christmas).  She offered me a set of 3 delicate, hand-blown glass oil lamps that are each a different height.  The idea is to fill the bulb with oil and light the wick.  As soon as I saw the little lamps and realized the wicks were removable, I envisioned them as cute, almost retro, bud vases.      

I took them up to Dan's house, filled each one with water and topped them off with a bright Gerbera Daisy.  They added a perfect homey-touch to the guest room that was occupied by out of town visitors that weekend.  
They temporarily stand vacant on the corner of a dresser, ready for their next task.

No comments:

Post a Comment