Search This Blog

Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Motivate

motivate |ˈmōtəˌvāt|verb [ trans. ]provide (someone) with a motive for doing something he was primarily motivated by the desire for profit.• stimulate (someone's) interest in or enthusiasm for doing something

Among the many things on my Wedding to-do list was figure out jewelry for my 6 wonderful bridesmaids. With a few bridesmaid opportunities under my belt, I know what it's like to have a drawer full of pearl necklaces and drop pearl earrings.  I wanted to give my girls something a little different.  I immediately logged on to Etsy where I knew I would find page after page of original and unique bridal jewelry.  After searching for hours and finding it difficult to narrow down, I decided on a set of earrings I liked and a bracelet that I thought would be a great compliment to the bridesmaid dresses.



Wedding Jewelry found on Etsy.
  

I came home and showed Dan what I'd found-  Not only was he a great sport, acting sincerely interested in seeing what I had picked out, but he had the idea that I should and could easily make exactly what I'd shown him.  The thought had crossed my mind but I was nervous to be responsible for making it all and giving it to my best friends to wear on my wedding day.  I stared at the pictures on Etsy for days and played with design ideas in my head until I finally felt motivated to go check out some beads.  I am loving what I came up with!!  (Hope the girls will, too.)


Wedding Jewelry I created
       

1 comment: